Sunday, August 21, 2011

The final addition!!

Good morning or afternoon I guess... but I just woke up so it's morning to me.

ANYWAYS! Lots has happened since our last update!

We gained and lost and gained internet!
Long story short, Verizon sucks and so we ended up canceling with them and going with Time Warner... (who sucked originally but is now fine...)

Karli moved in!
We are glad someone is bringing some femininity to this apartment... pink everywhere. HA! But it's great! She moved in on Friday and has been getting things settled since. Currently she is building an ikea bed... so you get the picture.

Both of our shows opened!
Let me just say that FringeNYC tech was maybe the most stressful and brain frying 4 and a half hours of my life. (Miami people- imagine doing load-in, cue writing, q2q with sound and lights, load-out, then load-in again, and a full run thru all in 4 hours... yeah... it was crazy to say the least.) (Lys would like to add that it would have been nice to have all Miami tech's like this... instead of 2-12 hour days) But yeah! Opening was fabulous! We were sold out and it was so great finally having an audience. Lys's opening show was also sold out and I went to see it. While I didn't really get all of it... I definitely was impressed with the work and appreciated it. Supposedly we are sold out for our re-opening show on Wednesday so that's good! And last night I went and partied with the cast and my asm, Adam! We had a blast! They are really such a talented and inspiring group of people.
Lys wants to add that her Fringe ASMing has forced her to understudy, paint the set, and SM all in 1 rehearsal. Thank you BA!

We've had job interviews and auditions!
I won't go into too much detail about my stuff because I don't want to jinx anything but I had an interview with a touring company to be a PSM. Lys, however, has been interviewing and auditioning like crazy!! It seems like every day she's either off to some kind of meeting or some audition!

Lys got her headshots!
She definitely felt like a glamourous model that day! She was saying that they made her feel like the most beautiful creature to walk this earth... (i'm impressed though because my beauty is unsurmountable) "Actors get headshots not because they need them for their calling card, but because they get told for 3 hours how good looking they are." -Lys
Oh along with her getting headshots, she forced me to go shopping for about 3 and a half hours to find headshot worthy shirts. Anyone that knows me knows that I can shop for maybe 2 hours MAX but only if I'm feeling really up for it. So by the end I was drained and exhausted so naps ensued. But I should add I am very good at picking out shirts for headshots... future profession maybe?

We've been exploring!
Since we are both in the same venue for Fringe we have been exploring the Lower East Side which is where our theatre is and we have discovered some great bars and restaurants and karaoke bars... It's been a fun few weeks with some great people!

So yeah I think that's all our updates... today I think we're having a chill day because there is supposed to be this severe storm with large hail... I know I'm going to avoid being outside... :) (Maybe I'll go get some paint real quick since Karli has inspired me with her wall painting... it's super cute)

More updates coming soon as we hear more about potential jobs and as Karli gets settled!

Love to all!
Stef
(and Lys from the other couch)
(and Karli from her construction zone)

No comments:

Post a Comment