Thursday, May 26, 2011

And the sublet journey continues....

Stefanie here!!
Ok so last time I checked in I was all head-over-heels for that one sublet... WEEELLLLL I spoke too soon. They ended up going with a friend from college. Understandable but it still sucked for me. 
So that sent my right back to square one with sublet hunting. It was even more frustrating because I am now in the Atlantic City area with KB and Doug which make getting to NYC to look a little bit more difficult. But thankfully Doug and KB were into going into the city with me on Monday. 
I went back to Astoria and looked at two more places I had found on craigslist. The first one was closer to Ditmars Blvd. which is right by where Lys is living for that first month. The room was a bit on the small side, only had a twin bed but the bathroom was really nice and the kitchen and living room area were cute. It was all pretty clean and the building was really nice. The second one was HUGE and they were willing to let Lys live with me for the rest of July and August... But they ended up going with someone else so I committed to the first one. 
I'm actually really excited!! I'll be two blocks away from Lys during that first month and then hopefully I can help find her something for July that's close as well! I'm able to move in June 4 and I'll be staying there until August 6ish. I am talking to the girl I am subletting from today to work out the details! If anyone wants the address to send letters or care-packages or gummi eggs :) let me know via email!! (stef.wagner4@gmail.com) 
I also got an email from the company manager and artistic director of the York Theatre off-broadway company confirming that I was on board to be their stage management production assistant for two of their summer shows! I'll be working for them June 14-26! 
So it seems like everything is finally coming together here!! 
Getting excited for Lys to come on board and join the madness!! :)

Peace out for now,
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment