Sunday, June 5, 2011

First day as residents of NYC!


It’s Lys! I’m finally back in the US of A and ready to update you on NYC life!

I flew from Greece straight to JFK and ultimately to my new apartment. I’m also subletting in Astoria just blocks away from Stef. I have 2 guy roommates who are actors too, and we have 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, basement, and backyard! It’s a lot bigger than I was expecting, which is great!
My first night I spent in the basement on the couch since my subletter was still here, but tonight I will get to experience my room. I also went into the city for a bit last night to eat dinner and figure out the subway (which is super easy). It took me all of 20 minutes to unpack/ move in today because I literally am living out of one suitcase!

I LOVE Astoria. It reminds me of Chicago and there are all sorts of people here. It feels very safe with the school and hospital right around the corner. And ironically, it is very Greek with Greek food everywhere and cafes called “Acropolis, Athena, Athens etc”.  One of the main streets is just one street away from me, so I have access to everything I need.

Today I dropped my laundry off at the mat (which is literally right around the corner and they do everything for you for just a few dollars more) Being that time is of the essence; I just left it for them to do and it was ready a few hours later (folded and everything)! I also went grocery shopping and realized my hands were not big enough to cart everything I needed back home, so I went out again tonight for lean cuisines, diet dr. peppers, and snack foods! The joys of being a New Yorker J

Stef also moved in today! I can’t tell you how happy I was to see her and how adorable her apartment is! We went to dinner and sykped some people from home (trying to convince them to come visit us!).

And so today, we officially become post grads living the dream! And tomorrow, I start SpringboardNYC!

2 comments:

  1. you are so cool. and i love your life. i will DEFINITELY be visiting you...so long as I am invited!

    did you have a Europe Blog? i would love to read that one if I could, I mean, if you even have one...

    hope all is well! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You are always invited to come visit! And I did keep one....here's the link:
    http://alyssaolson.blogspot.com/
    Hope you are having a blast in Germany! Call me when you get back!

    ReplyDelete