Monday, June 27, 2011

My experience at the York Theatre!

Hi everyone!

Well I'm a little sick today which is no surprise after the mass amount of hours I've worked over the past 2 weeks.

I was at the theatre at least 12 hours a day because I was assisting both shows and I am not complaining at all. I met the coolest people in both casts and got to work with great people on the two separate stage management teams. I just did whatever they needed done from running errands, to making copies, to helping set up and clean up, to making props. And then this past weekend of performances I got to run the show as the ASM, who is the only crew person backstage during the show, AND I got to call the show another night. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. It was the first time I had called a show on the fly and I think I did a pretty good job!!

I have to say I felt like a part of their little York family pretty much instantly. I asked them all so many questions and loved hearing their stories about everything. I still feel like I have so much to learn but I know that I have some great people who can kind of guide me. All in all, this was definitely a great experience. I feel so lucky and I hope that I get to work with them all again in the future!!

So now this week I have to catch up with chores, grocery shopping, etc. And Lys and I are going to try and see some apartments this week!

I'm hoping this sore throat will go away so Lys an I can check out Cinci night down at Edward's in TriBeCa with Lois and Sarah! (York peeps who are both from Ohio as well) And Lys wants to go see a staged reading presented by one of our professor's theatre company.

So I'm outta here to get some rest and drink tea!

Peace out for now!!
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment