Saturday, June 18, 2011

Real World NYC

Well, Springboard is over. Another amazing week of crazy famous guest artists, workshops, and shows! I got to work with Kathleen Marshall, Peter Frances James, Marc Kudisch and saw an understudy rehearsal of Phantom of the Opera (AND they let us go onstage and sing and warm up with them!) Looks like if I die tomorrow I can say I sang on a Broadway stage!! This week I saw War Horse, Anything Goes, and Sister Act! Springboardnyc is truly a wonderful program and if anyone has plans to move to NYC to be an actor you absolutely should do it once you graduate. I can't wait to put into action what I've learned and start to enjoy the auditioning process and the actor lifestyle.

So today was my first day of "real life". It consisted of lots of organizing--finding auditions and head shot places, emailing NYC people, putting a calender together, surfing craigslist, signing up for a temp agency, and running errands! I'm going to start auditioning this week and hopefully meet up with some possible employers for "real world" jobs. Stef and I are currently on the apartment hunt and have found one we love right in the middle of Manhattan, but we are still trying to work out the logistics, so we'll see.

Stef has been super busy all week working at the York Theatre (yet she still found time to help me prepare for my audition. She's the greatest!) Her play goes up tomorrow so she has been there till super late at night preparing, but she is really enjoying herself and the people she is working with. Can't wait to see the show!

Tips on if you are moving to NYC: You need lots of fans and/or a window air conditioner. Also, don't bother buying a comforter for your bed in the summer months.

Off to learn some new monologues! It's an actors life for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment